Tips on how i became a better healthier me!
By Ashley Moss
A Healthier Path
Ever since the death of my mom last December from stomach cancer, I’ve been trying to eat better and live healthier. She was a good person with a good heart, but as she got older she failed to take care of her body physically in the ways that doctors recommend, which I believe ultimately led to her cancer diagnosis. My mom’s death had a profound effect on me, thus I decided to eat better and take better care of myself to honor her and her memory after her death. My mom suffered with cancer, and I don’t want to go through the symptoms of the same disease or other similar ones if I don’t have to in life. I know if she was still living, she would feel the same and tell me to take better care of myself than she took care of herself in her later years. Below are a few of the things I do on a continual basis to be healthier. (Maybe you guys can adopt a healthier lifestyle by practicing some of the tips below in your daily lives as well.)
The guide to Success
1. I watch the amount of fats foods and sugary foods that I eat. A lot of foods with fats and sugars in them aren’t good for human beings’ digestive systems or blood sugar levels. Therefore, I eat less sugary foods and foods with fat in them.
2. Though I crave a lot of fast, sweet, and salty foods, I eat more vegetables and fruits now. Eating more vegetables reduces my risk of developing cancer, while eating berries is good for my heart and overall health. I eat vegetables and fruits such as cabbage, carrots, lettuce, grapes, broccoli, strawberries, and blueberries.
3. I exercise more. I did yoga before my mom died. Yet, now I also walk around my neighborhood two to three times a week in addition to doing yoga five times a week. Physical activity or exercise improves eyesight, normalizes blood pressure, and lowers cholesterol levels.
4. I eat with my mind, and not my eyes. Before my mom’s death, I used to eat based upon what I was craving or what looked good to me. Now, I focus on how the food will affect my body in the long run and choose healthier foods to eat. I know that if I want to live to see the age of seventy, I must eat foods that will strengthen and protect my body, not harm it.
5. I keep good company around me. “Bad company corrupts good morals and healthy lifestyle choices”. Don’t let other people tell you that what and how you eat aren’t important. I keep people around me that support my new lifestyle choices and want to improve their health with me. Moreover, I examine healthy and unhealthy relationships in my life regularly. I hold on to the ones that are good and contribute to my health and let go of toxic ones that don’t.
Guest Blogger // AshleyMossAuthor.weebly.com
Ashley Moss was born and raised in Memphis, Tn. She is the middle child of three children born to her mother, and she dearly loves her family. She is an aspiring journalist and writer who is finishing up her third degree at Southern New Hampshire University online. She also loves reading, writing, anything inspirational, and pizza.
Interested In Joining Our Guest Blogger Program?
WEED FREE LAWN
Safari Lawn Care was started in Memphis, Tennessee as a family business. We take pride in the service we provide to our customers. By using the best materials, employing knowledgeable service technicians, and communicating with our customers, we have created the premier lawn and garden service in the city.
The Lowery’s host the 28th New Year’s Day Prayer Breakfast where elected officials came and spoke on continuing the push for equality in our city and some breaking news was shared from the podium.
In 2019, the Coliseum Coalition plans to continue tours for investors and civic leaders, and is planning another Roundhouse Revival. Roundhouse Revival 1, 2 and 3, previtalizing events which featured the Coliseum’s classic brands of music, wrestling and basketball, were held outside the building.
Kier “Junior” Spates. He’s also a survivor, warrior, humble and one aspiring to greatness! Dec. 21, 2018 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Hattiloo Theatre.
Lessons from chef garyRemembering gary williamsBy JR RobinsonThis article is brought to you by Krewe of DeJavu Check out their menu! Bradley Whitford "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope....
Time to #BeAmazing
Share Your Story Today!
We believe there is an amazing story just waiting to be told inside everyone. Stories that inspire change, ideas, and action. Some stories are painful, some are fun, and others are life changing. BeAmazing and share your story today on JustMy!