Originally built by the Miller family, Heartwood Hall and a similar estate were constructed as wedding gifts for Mr. Miller’s two daughters. Luckily, the Union soldiers chose to preserve Heartwood Hall as their residence during the war because Mr. Miller’s other estate was burned to the ground.
John & Denise Suthoff bought the house 8 years ago. Since acquiring the house they have added on an additional 3500 square feet to the residence for a total of 7000 square feet. During the renovation the Suthoff’s added a gourmet Kitchen, courtyard & pool area. They joined the servant houses scattered among the property to create an 1800 square foot Guest House updated with modern amenities located at the back of the property.
In addition to the Guest House & Courtyard, John & Denise added a gorgeous garden. They went through great pains to maintain the original character and integrity of the property during the renovation by using reclaimed wood, bricks and glass. The flooring used in the addition of the Main House was salvaged from a New Orleans cotton gin built in the 1800’s. The Barn which is currently undergoing renovation will also be constructed from reclaimed wood derived from trees located on the property.
Once renovations to the Main House were complete the Suthoff’s hosted a wedding on the property for their niece. It was during the wedding planning, that the Suthoff’s saw how beautiful and relaxed environment Heartwood Hall provided for the ceremony and they knew it would make the perfect place for weddings. Since then, Heartwood Hall has become a highly sought after venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Call Us: 901.854.2294
2665 Raleigh LaGrange Dr. Rossville, Tennessee 38066
Call to set-up a tour today!