If you’re looking for a fantastic event to attend today, this weekend or in the coming months, look no further than the Memphis Calendar from JustMyMemphis.
Duncan-Williams, Inc. Presents:
It's Happening in Memphis
Benefiting the Germantown Performing Arts Center
- November 4, 2018 Soweto Gospel Choir
- November 10, 2018 Ellis Marsalis Quintet
- January 11, 2019 Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver with Flatt Lonesome
- January 12, 2019 Fred Hersch Pocket Orchestra
- January 26, 2019 Dorrance Dance
- February 2, 2019 Jazzmeia Horn
- March 30, 2019 Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour
- March 1, 2019 Shawn Colvin
- May 4, 2019 Ballet Memphis: Midsummer Night's Dream
I was sitting down with a friend who works in sales at FedEx a few years ago and I brought up the question of Amazon replacing FedEx as a dominant player in shipping. My friend said that would never happen. FedEx isn’t worried about Amazon. At that time Amazon Prime was new. Amazon had just purchased a fleet of jets and trailers for shipping. A look at Amazon’s past was like the handwriting on the wall for me.
Valentine’s Day at its core is a day to express love about someone or something, but thanks to social media and the commercialization of this holiday, it has become the most dreaded time of the year for so many people.
The typical workday is long enough as it is, and technology is making it even longer. When you do finally get home from a full day at the office, your mobile phone rings off the hook, and emails drop into your inbox from people who expect immediate responses.
Lessons from chef garyRemembering gary williamsBy JR RobinsonThis article is brought to you by Krewe of DeJavu Check out their menu! Bradley Whitford "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope....