It is our responsibility to empower our youth
Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy is working very hard to change the lives of children in our classes one student at a time. Teaching children and watching them evolve is a passion for my staff and I. We want each child we serve have the chance to make the most out of their education. Our motto at Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy is “He who wants to be King must first learn to serve” Our children must use all their skills to develop their skills to become the leaders of the future. Our children are our future and it is our responsibility to ensure we give them every opportunity to make the best of the world they one day will inherit.
The second area of focus: Leadership skills; developing the ability to analyze their own strengths and weaknesses, set personal and professional goals, and have the self-esteem, confidence, motivation, and abilities to carry them out. Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy provides the tools needed for youth to manage time, work in a team setting, set goals, start conversations, facilitate meetings, and make effective presentations; all of which are positive life skills that they will carry into adulthood.
The fourth area of focus: Coding; You have probably read articles about how important it is that today’s kids learn to code. Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy has taken on the task to teach a future generation coding a skill that is useful for the future of business and personal.
The sixth area of focus: Critical Thinking; Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy uses games like chess and discussions to evaluate the existing evidence and issues.
The fifth area of focus: S.T.E.M. Projects; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics! S.T.E.M., and therefore, S.T.E.M. education is vital to our future. STEM is everywhere; it shapes our everyday experiences. Memphis Entrepreneurship Academy has added S.T.E.M. Projects to its curriculum, S.T.E.M. is their future, the technological age in which our children live, their best career options, and their key to wise decisions.
- Chess helps you Concentrate; It’s a reasonably long and involved game. My kids love it so much, they get so involved. You can see the gears whirring, the clogs ticking. The brain being exercised.
- Chess Develops Problems Solving Skills; Children learn to focus on the movement of all the pieces on the board. They learn solve problems of when their king or any other piece are under attack.
- Chess Improves Your Memory; Just remembering how all the pieces move is enough to stretch the brain’s memory.
- Playing Chess Uses both sides of Your Brain; Chess is a great 3D game and exercises both parts of your brain. As we get older we focus more on one side, the left side and let our right side of the brain get lazy. The more we use both sides of the brain, the better. Brains need to be used and exercised to function at their maximum capacity.
- Chess Teaches Planning and Foresight, you have look two or three moves ahead.
- Chess Helps with Strategy Thinking; makes you think what move will the other player make.
- Chess Improves Your Attention Span; When you’re involved and enjoying something, you’re more likely to concentrate for longer. Do that frequently and you’ll soon improve your attention span.
- Chess Improves Reading Skills; A study in 1991 looked at reading performance in elementary schools and compared it with children who didn’t play chess. The kids who played chess were above the national average for reading skills (and they were from a district that overall was below the national average.) I’m sure it’s just to do with getting all those bits of your brain working.
- Chess Increases Creativity; creativity is linked with the right side of your brain. Chess helps your children to come up with original, creative thoughts.
Moving Shouldn’t be Hard
Reasons Moving Sucks:
- All the packing
- All the stress
- Stuff getting damaged
- Trying to organize it all
- Finding a good moving company
There are no limits to the services we provide for our clients. There is no such thing as ‘too heavy’ or ‘too far.’ No job is ‘too big’ or ‘too small.’ Time is taken to listen and understand your moving needs. ABSOLUTE MOVING is a combination of top-notch customer service, integrity, efficiency, and dependability, with an unrivaled work ethic that equals the perfect formula — resulting in the customer satisfaction that has brought us to where we are today.
The MEA Mission
To inspire children to thrive for higher goals, good citizenship, to conduct theirselves as to bring credit to themselves, family and community. To develop future leaders for our community and nation to build a better economy for the future.
Congenital Heart Disease affects 1 in 100 babies born every year, with 25% of those babies requiring life-saving open heart surgery before their first birthday.
Recently I actually stood before a crowd of people, some skeptics and some believers, and announced that I want to be a public servant for you.
Girl Scouts Heart of the South is accepting applications for a full-time leadership specialist to work in the fast-paced environment at the Memphis Leadership office.
The Victory Choir Concert is an annual event bringing together local choirs to SANG!! If you’re looking for ENTERTAINMENT showcasing the talent that lives in this city this was the opportunity to witness!
Time to #BeAmazing
Share Your Story Today!
We believe there is an amazing story just waiting to be told inside everyone. Stories that inspire change, ideas, and action. Some stories are painful, some are fun, and others are life changing. BeAmazing and share your story today on JustMy!