You’ll get an up-close look at 75+ urban gardens that range from tiny private spaces to robust hardscapes for outdoor entertaining. While you are here soaking up the beauty of lush greenery, fragrant shrubs, and colorful flowers, feel free to learn a few things too. You’ll see beehives, urban chickens, and compost in action. Our native plant theme will inspire you to help us bring more pollinators back to Memphis. Our garden art and garden structures will remind you that you aren’t limited by the size of your space, only the size of your imagination. Pick up even more information at booths operated by master gardeners, native plant experts, and many more.
Walk, bike, take the bus or drive. We have bike lanes, bike rentals, ample parking, and a shuttle bus at designated areas. We make it easy for you to experience what is fast becoming the best urban garden walk in the South. Come watch us grow as we beautify our neighborhood one garden at a time!
Call (901) 808-0348
Click for Website >
Cooper Young Garden Walk
May 19-20, 2018 from 9am-5pm
Cooper + Young Intersection, Memphis TN 38104
Rain or shine
Tour 75+ urban gardens with a focus on “Native Plants”
- Chic design, native plants, chickens, beekeeping, edibles, art
- Garden routes: Edibles, Elegant, Eclectic, and Short on Time
- Artist gardens and studios
- Native Plant Demo Gardens
- Peabody Elem. School Garden
- Sat. farmer’s market
- Neighborhood Level 3 arboretum
- Sat. 9-10am, noted author, Dr. Doug Tallamy, “Restoring Nature in Urban Landscapes”
- Sun. 4-5pm, Horticulturist, Chris Cosby “Specific Native Plants for Specific Places”
- Daily. Master Gardener mini-talks on Native Plants + Dr. Chris Cooper
- Ask-A-Master Gardener, TN Native Plant Society, Nonconnah Creek Conservancy, Urban Forestry, Storm Water Dept., TN Federation of Garden Clubs-District 1, Clean Memphis, Memphis Herb Society
- Garden themed + Cooper Young Garden Walk T-shirts
award winningrestaurants, many offering discounts andspecials
- Brewery, pubs
- quaint, trendy shops
- Walk our tree-lined streets
- guided bike tour
- Shuttle service
2 day Tickets
Patriot village Capital Campaign Kickoff By Madeline Phillips This article is brought to you by Krewe of DeJavu Check out their menu! Local Effort Underway to Build Affordable Housing for Veterans Col. Concon has joined forces with other like-minded people who...
Memphis grizzlies NOMINATED IN FOUR CATEGORIES for the 33rd Annual Mid-South Emmy Awards This Article is brought to you by Absolute Moving Services. Click to request a quote! MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES NOMINATION Memphis, Tenn. – The Nashville/Mid-South Chapter of The...
Addressing economic growth starts with black small business and workforce development in Memphis. Memphis has an abundance of governmental and nonprofit programming to address local challenges but if its rigged; it won’t work. So, is the City of Memphis MWBE program rigged? One anonymous local MBE contractor thinks so.
stand beside her week By Elizabeth Roper and Molly Delaney Click To Get Your #TeamGIVING Benefits Today October 28th-November 3rd 2018 marked the fifth annual National Stand Beside Her Week, the annual nationwide celebration of this captivating movement celebrating...
Time to #BeAmazing
Share Your Story Today!
We believe there is an amazing story just waiting to be told inside everyone. Stories that inspire change, ideas, and action. Some stories are painful, some are fun, and others are life changing. BeAmazing and share your story today on JustMy!