You’ll get an up-close look at 75+ urban gardens that range from tiny private spaces to robust hardscapes for outdoor entertaining. While you are here soaking up the beauty of lush greenery, fragrant shrubs, and colorful flowers, feel free to learn a few things too. You’ll see beehives, urban chickens, and compost in action. Our native plant theme will inspire you to help us bring more pollinators back to Memphis. Our garden art and garden structures will remind you that you aren’t limited by the size of your space, only the size of your imagination. Pick up even more information at booths operated by master gardeners, native plant experts, and many more.
Walk, bike, take the bus or drive. We have bike lanes, bike rentals, ample parking, and a shuttle bus at designated areas. We make it easy for you to experience what is fast becoming the best urban garden walk in the South. Come watch us grow as we beautify our neighborhood one garden at a time!
Call (901) 808-0348
Click for Website >
Cooper Young Garden Walk
May 19-20, 2018 from 9am-5pm
Cooper + Young Intersection, Memphis TN 38104
Rain or shine
Tour 75+ urban gardens with a focus on “Native Plants”
- Chic design, native plants, chickens, beekeeping, edibles, art
- Garden routes: Edibles, Elegant, Eclectic, and Short on Time
- Artist gardens and studios
- Native Plant Demo Gardens
- Peabody Elem. School Garden
- Sat. farmer’s market
- Neighborhood Level 3 arboretum
- Sat. 9-10am, noted author, Dr. Doug Tallamy, “Restoring Nature in Urban Landscapes”
- Sun. 4-5pm, Horticulturist, Chris Cosby “Specific Native Plants for Specific Places”
- Daily. Master Gardener mini-talks on Native Plants + Dr. Chris Cooper
- Ask-A-Master Gardener, TN Native Plant Society, Nonconnah Creek Conservancy, Urban Forestry, Storm Water Dept., TN Federation of Garden Clubs-District 1, Clean Memphis, Memphis Herb Society
- Garden themed + Cooper Young Garden Walk T-shirts
award winningrestaurants, many offering discounts andspecials
- Brewery, pubs
- quaint, trendy shops
- Walk our tree-lined streets
- guided bike tour
- Shuttle service
2 day Tickets
summer 2018 Hutchison + your kid = amazing Tracey Ford sits down with JustMyMemphis Is it time to move a few things to storage? Click for help from Absolute Moving Services! HUTCHISON’S SPARK DAY CAMP is a traditional day camp that girls and boys have loved for...
#BetterTogether You can Start a Movement! Meet Britney Thornton in her own words This article is being brought to you by HomeTown Home Services, Is it time for a Home Improvement?How did the development wave not hit my community? I mean, Orange Mound is the oldest...
Kenneth T Whalum Jr Education is the Key to a Better Memphis! A #MyVoice Community Feature MSM Mission Works brings life insurance to multi-cultural middle-class America. Click! KENNETH T WHALUM JR SPEAKS CANDIDLY Please sign the Petition Click Now! The 2014 exodus of...
THE SECOND COMING Willis Lincoln Hardaway III TELLS HIS STORY by Willis Lincoln Hardaway III This article is being brought to you by The Memphis Urban League, Follow Us in the Countdown to 75! younger generations have more access to wisdom that they never use There is...
Time to #BeAmazing
Share Your Story Today!
We believe there is an amazing story just waiting to be told inside everyone. Stories that inspire change, ideas, and action. Some stories are painful, some are fun, and others are life changing. BeAmazing and share your story today on JustMy!